Resources for Women
- If you are a woman who is: waiting for her miracle, grieving the death of a child, suffering from pregnancy loss, suffering from stillbirth, struggling with infertility, trying to adopt, or grieving a strained relationship with a child, we are here to listen to you, pray with you, cry with you, and support you as our sister in Christ. The following is a resource that helps women in the midst of their story: https://heremembersthebarren.com. If you are seeking to support your sisters who live through the above, this article helps create understanding and sensitivity: https://theparentcue.org/mothers-with-no-babies-to-hold
- FREE ultrasounds and pregnancy support: https://eyewitnessforlife.org/find-support/
- Safe house for pregnant women: http://www.aplaceofrefuge.org/index.htm
- The Women's Center:https://twcwaukesha.org/ 24hr Hotline: 262-542-3828
- Women's Shelters: https://www.womenshelters.org/cit/wi-waukesha
Dignity for Girls
This mission empowers our fellow sisters in Christ in Kenya and Liberia through providing basic feminine hygiene products. To learn more about our partnership with Dignity for Girls mission, visit its website: https://dignityforgirls.org/.
We recently sent another 100 feminine hygiene kits that will be a blessing girls and women in Liberia. If you would like to be a part of this community of women serving women, contact email@example.com
MOPS meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month from September through May from 6:30-8 pm. This is for moms of kids ages 0-5; however, we also welcome Mentor Moms to walk alongside our moms! For more infomation, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. To register: https://grace-connect.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/421149
Knitting (Not currently meeting but check back for updates)
Come knit on the second and fourth Mondays at 6:30 pm in the Resource Room.
This group is for the new learner or to practice your skills and make new friends! Contact Jane Fritsch at (262) 628-5052.
Stitching By Grace
Begins Tuesday, September 8 and meets every Tuesday from 8-11:30 am on the second floor (enter at west door) at the Cross View Way campus.
All are welcome to come and work or visit! No sewing skills are required for some jobs. A fun group of members works together on various mission projects. This group creates about 100 quilts annually, which are distributed through Lutheran World Relief and our Manna Ministry. Contact Jan Brooks at (262) 253-9680 or email@example.com.
Prayers and Squares Quilts are made by group members to show the love of God and the comfort of His praying people to those who are ill or have other needs. Contact Cheryl Tebo at (262) 251-5491 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See also bible study options for women.