Our Grace School student choirs sing periodically throughout the school year at our worship services.
Choirs are divided by age groups K1 and 2nd-3rd, 4th-5th, and 6th-8th grade choir that performs a variety of different styles and sings in 2 part harmony.
Choir Chimes & Handbells
This group consists of a group of 6-8th graders who play for chapel services.
Recorders are a standard part of the 4th grade curriculum. During this class, students learn about music dictation and reading notes.
Band is an optional program for 5th - 8th grade students, and includes group lessons. They perform at Advent services, pep rallies, and other school events.
The purpose of the Grace Lutheran Student Council is to:
- Represent the interests of the student body in student governmental affairs.
- Provide services that improve the quality of the life of Grace students.
- Keep the student body informed of relevant issues.
- Oversee and regulate activities, organizations, and the funds in the interests of the student body.
- Maintain a positive relationship between the student body, school administration and the local community.
- Serve as the representative of the students at Grace Lutheran School.
GLS Student Council has a variety of opportunities to get the student body involved. Some of the exciting activities include:
- Community Outreach (food drive, Feed My Starving Children, Menomonee Falls Downtown Trick-or-Treating, etc.)
- Pep Rallies
- Teacher Help Day to assist with classroom set-up before school year begins
- Fun and Games
- Middle School Dances (Grades 6-8)
Students, teachers, and parents are invited to join the Grace Ski/Ride Club at Little Switzerland during the winter season for skiing and snowboarding. The club meets four times and participants can sign up for group lessons.
After School Art Classes
After school art classes are for students in 5K-5th grades and are held once a week in 6 week sessions. There is a cost for each session and the classes are managed by an outside provider called Young Rembrandts.